Copyright 2012-2017 AK eXpeditions. All rights reserved.
Licensed Fishing Guide Wanted:
Seasonal Position: Approximately June 1st - Aug 10th, 2017
AK eXpeditions is looking for a top notch guide for the 2016 fishing season. Alaskan residency required for this fishery. The guide candidate must be able to present himself or herself in a professional manner, be well spoken, clean cut, and articulate. Having a good sense of humor, upbeat and positive attitude is key in providing our clients with an amazing charter regardless of fishing success. Our charters run at capacity during the peak season and this demands hard work both on and off the water. Thursdays-Sundays are the busiest times during the week and there is opportunity to guide two charters each of those days. Monday-Wednesday can be down days that can be used as you wish to explore the area, fish, ride ATVs, hike, or visit, Valdez, McCarthy, or Kennecott Mine, etc. However, it's possible based on client bookings that you'd pick up additional trips during this time as well as opportunity to earn additional wages and tips processing the clients catch.
Fish camp is on the Copper River adjacent to Wrangell St. Ellis National Park. Base camp for the guides will consist of wall tent with generator power and cots. The camp is on the road system so if you have you're own camper you'd be able to set it up.
***ALASKA RESIDENTS ONLY***
1. U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) OUPV 6-pack license
2. Swift water experience
3. Current first aid/CPR/AED Certification
4. Clean driving record and current license
5. Current member of USCG drug testing consortium.
6. Alaska DF&G guide license
7. Alaska DF&G fishing license with King Stamp
1. Safely operate charter with clients for Sockeye and King Salmon
2. Assist clients as needed to ensure maximum fishing time
3. Offload daily catch to client coolers
4. Clean and refuel boat at the end of each charter
5. Mend gear as needed for the next charter
6. General camp duties as needed
1.Swift water experience
3.AK DF&G Guide Business Owner/Guide (Act as Subcontractor vs Employee)
The successful candidate can be guided through the process of obtaining both licenses (USCG & KRGA) above. Wages are $200-300/DOE a day. We would prefer to hold in person or phone interviews now for the 2016 season.
Please email with cover letter and resume. email@example.com